January 18, 2012

Hawk at Feeder

Five bird feeders are visible from my dining room window. It is my morning routine to sit at the table next to the window, drink my coffee and read. When the sun comes up I pull aside the curtain and scan the feeders for visitors. Depending on the day, I have more or less time for this morning meditation.

This morning I spotted a hawk perched on the fence near the feeder closest to the woods. Through my binoculars I could see that it was an immature one, though I could not identify the species from my field guides. He looked majestic with his thick dark brown cloak draped over his shoulders.  How wonderful it would be if the binoculars were a camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for your comment. It will be reviewed before it is published so that I can avoid spam on my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...